Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wedding Planner

I would just like to share that I'm enjoying this whole wedding planning thing so much that I'm seriously considering a career in it someday (or as they say: ikakarir). I admit I may be a little extreme (like Monica from FRIENDS), as I demonstrate below with pictures, but I love being so organized!

Okay, first is my calendar. I update my Google Calendar practically every second. It's shared with people who are involved with planning and making appointments.



Second is my binder, where I keep all the information I've gathered. Right on top is my weekly calendar, printed from the Google Calendar every Saturday night. If there were a digital sheet of paper that could automatically update itself through the internet (and didn't cost too much), that's where it would be, and I would be so happy. Underneath is a monthly calendar to keep track of things from a further perspective. There are pictures of flowers, decorations, dresses, etc. printed from the Internet or taken from a magazine.



Okay, here's where I get a little freaky. My to-do list also serves as sort of a projected cash flow statement. I know when money's coming in so I can book vendors according to when I can afford to pay their deposits.



Next is my budget summary. This gives me an idea of how we're doing in a glance. The first column tells me how money is allocated in a typical wedding of that size and budget (according to the Internet). The Budgeted column is how I allocate according to the vendors I've visited so far. The Actual column is pretty blank right now because we haven't really booked any vendors yet. The last column calculates how much we're over or under budget.



The budget summary has links to other sheets in the workbook. These sheets contain a breakdown of each part, how much we've paid, how much we still owe, and when.



Finally, this is our guest list. This is ready to mail merge when I need to print place cards, inner and outer envelopes, etc. It can be arranged according to whatever header I need, so I can print lists of... all of my family, all of Jules' family, all of the people who haven't RSVP'd yet, all of the people who are in the entourage, all the people in a certain table, etc.



And! It keeps track of the statistics! As you can see, so far, I'm inviting about 3 times the number of people that Jules is. BUT that's because he hasn't completed his list yet. :P



Okay, that's it. I'm done. I just had to share that because nobody really cares, and I assume that my insanity skills will have a better chance of being appreciated if it's up on the world wide web. :D


3 comments:

Unknown said...

OH my god, now I know why we're friends :P what program did you use for your budgeting stuff?

tequila princess said...

Blogger has a stupid commenting system. I'm so pissed. I didn't even know you left this comment, and as far as I can see, they're not going to notify you that I replied. Ugh.

Anyway. I used Excel for everything.

Anonymous said...

SO OC!! :P miss you both! - kee


DaisypathWedding Ticker