Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Just Married

I've been staring at a blank screen and a blinking cursor for the past half an hour trying to decide what to say about last weekend. The entire weekend was so surreal, I almost feel like it didn't happen.

The wedding was... I'd like to say "not perfect" due to several things that did not go according to plan, as to be expected. This really disappointed the perfectionist in me, who seriously took into account every last detail (if you know me, you know I would have really planned every last detail). However, quickly got over it. I can't really bring myself to say that the wedding wasn't perfect, because in many more ways than I could ever have planned, it actually was.

There's no way I'll be able to describe the day's events in my own words. If you weren't there yourself, you'll have to wait for the pictures and videos to tell you the story. I, myself, can barely recall most of what transpired. All I remember now are beautiful flowers, chocolate and turquoise decor, smiling faces of family and friends, and Jules by my side.

At the end of the day, I told him that when he took my arm in his after I walked down that aisle, I felt a wave of peace wash upon me. A wave that made me feel like I was safe, I was loved, and I was home where I belonged.

I've caught myself several times throughout these past three days smiling to myself just reliving the wedding in my head.

My favorite part was when Jules took the microphone after our exchange of vows and surprised me (and everyone else) with Steve Green's "Cherish the Treasure," while his mom accompanied him on the piano.

As I obey the Spirit's voice
And seek to do His will
I then can see the wisdom of His plan
For as He works His will in me
I then can love you selflessly
And by His grace, can pledge my love to you

This sacred vow I make to you
Does not contain an "if"
Though I'm aware that trials lie ahead
I will love you and pray with you
And through it all, I will stay with you
Our home will be a refuge of unconditional love

I cherish the treasure
The treasure of you
Lifelong companion
I give myself to you
God has enabled me
To walk with you faithfully
And cherish the treasure
The treasure of you


My dad and Jules' mom also made lovely speeches at the reception. My dad said, while he was flattered that I see a lot of his qualities in Jules, he believes that I underestimate Jules; that Jules will be an even better husband than he. Jules' mom welcomed me to their family as her first daughter.

And I can't forget to mention the song that Jules made for me. As we ended the night with a recap, he slipped a pair of headphones over my ears and played his song. I'll post it as soon as he finishes finalizing it. :)

There was much much more, and I wish I could talk about it all, but I doubt anyone's even still reading as it is.

We want to thank all our guests for the company and good vibes. We apologize for not being able to spend as much time with each of you as we would have liked. It's difficult to be shared among 150 people! To our loved ones who were not able to attend, we thank you for your best wishes. We feel truly blessed and loved.

And of course, thank you, everyone, for your generous gifts and contributions toward our "First Home Fund!" Expect to hear from us soon. :)

I wish I could end this post with a nice picture, but we don't have our pictures from our photographer yet, and everyone was too busy during the wedding to take pictures of their own! So here's one taken from Tita Bunny Mom:

Caption Contest:
What are Nicole, Julian, and the Mother of the Groom saying/thinking? Be creative!


0 comments:


DaisypathWedding Ticker