Monday, October 6, 2008

...two words to describe my weekend...

JUST MARRIED

...since i'm not the greatest at posting the most detailed blogs, i decided to share a short email i typed out for my dad just awhile ago...

Hi Pa,

I apologize for the delayed reply. As you can imagine, things got very crazy very quickly on the days prior to the wedding. But now that things have slowed down, i can finally sit down and type you a short update.

Everything went well. I would love to be able to describe to you the details that made it all a beautiful day, but quite honestly, everything seems soo vague right now. I hadn't slept (as expected) the entire night before. Partly due to anxiety, i'm sure, but also because i had stayed up finishing my wedding gift to her (i wrote Nicole a song and only had the time to record it on that night...talk about procrastination). I was running on pure adrenaline the entire day that when everything was said and done, i could only go back to our hotel room and nap. The night wasn't wasted, though, as i had only fallen asleep for 2 hours. We then had a late dinner at the restaurant downstairs. Soo much for capping the night off getting drunk and waking up with a hangover. The peace and quiet that the evening brought about was a good contrast to the crazy theatrics that occurred earlier on. I had wanted to spend time with our friends, but would probably have been too much of a zombie to be a pleasant host.

I told Nicole just a while ago that it does in fact, feel different, getting married in church...our bond has become validated, in a sense. It's as if i can feel the heavens recognizing our union, making it more pleasing...making it just that much more meaningful.

Now it's back to normal life. I get one more day off, and then it's back to the usual routine.

I guess i really wrote to say that it was a great wedding. I wish you and Marco could have made it. I expect you will be hearing much about it from Tito Vinchy. I will show you pictures as soon as we get a hold of some good ones.

Love,
Jules

PS. I had tried calling before the day, but it would just go to voicemail.

...possibly more when i get my brain back...

...cheers...


0 comments:


DaisypathWedding Ticker